Daniel 10

In each blog, I often reference many different topics that I've already covered (or will soon cover), and maybe you've missed.  Please review my blogs to read more...

CLICK HERE! for an index to previous blogs.

__________________________

Daniel's Great Vision


Dan 10:8  So I was left alone and saw this great vision...

Daniel chapters 10-12 all cover this "great vision" that Daniel was given.  It is his final recorded vision concerning end time events.

Dan 10:14  ... Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.

This vision will help clarify the brief kingdom of Antichrist.
__________________

Dan 10:2-3

Daniel mourns and fasts for three weeks (21 days).  He has received three previous visions and they no doubt perplexed him.

Dan 7:28  At this point the revelation ended. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts were greatly alarming me and my face grew pale, but I kept the matter to myself.

Dan 8:27  Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king's business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it. 

These visions were obviously very taxing on him both physically, mentally, and Spiritually.

It is pretty easy to speculate that Daniel, here at the beginning of chapter 10, is fasting - seeking God for an explanation to these visions that he has seen over a period of 18 years.

In response Daniel receives this "great vision".

Dan 10:4

Daniel is on the bank of the Tigris River.

Dan 10:5-6

Daniel see a vision and describes what he sees... 

Dan 10:7

... only he sees the vision, not the men that are with him.  The men sense something however, as great fear came upon them and they ran and hid.

Dan 10:8

Daniel is weak from his three weeks of fasting.

Dan 10:9

Upon hearing the words spoken, Daniel falls into a deep sleep.

Dan 10:10

A hand touches him, and brings him trembling to his hands and knees.

Dan 10:11

Daniel stands up as the angel instructs and is told to understand what he is about to be told.

Satan did not want this vision to be known about:

Dan 10:12-13  Then he said to me, Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words.

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.

One of Satan's minions was attempting to keep this angel from reaching Daniel.  Michael, the Archangel over Israel (Dan 10:21), came to his aid.  Just as there is a hierarchy with God's messengers, there is also a hierarchy with Satan's minions.

The point is, that this vision is very important and Satan attempted to prevent the delivery of it.

This "great vision" will help explain the previous visions!

Before proceeding it is important to remember that while these visions pertain to Antiochus Epiphanes in some portions, that they only do so as a foreshadowing of the coming Antichrist. 

These prophecies were only partially fulfilled historically, but will be ultimately fulfilled by the coming Antichrist.

We are told as much in the next verse:

Dan 10:14  Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the LATTER DAYS, for the vision pertains to the days yet future. 

You can continue reading chapter 10 and you'll see that another "prince" is about to come... the "prince of Greece" (Dan 10:20) and that Michael is specifically mentioned again.
_______________

Moving on to Daniel 11...












































































Some of these excerpts are from my personal notes copied from 30+ years of studying... some of these notes are direct copies of various sources - I do not claim to have authored every word of this... it's just a mass collection I've tucked away over the years for my own personal studies... I didn't consider a bibliography at the time I directly copied small excerpts from various authors.  Also, any emphasis (underlines, bold text, all CAPS, etc.) noted above was only meant to capture my personal attention as I studied...

No comments:

Post a Comment