Abalone Rosette...

My paua abalone arrived and I was able to get the rosette installed.  I used 0.060" black/white/black wood strips on the inner and outer rings and 0.040" b/w/b on both sides of the abalone in the center ring.  Below are pics of the finished rosette.

(Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)










For those questioning the closeup of the rosette (above, right), the gaps at the top of the circle are intentional and will be covered up by the end of the fretboard.

I was also able to get my end graft put into the rim for the strap end pin.

(Click to Enlarge)
I've glued the binding to the fretboard and should be able to wrap that up tonight so I can get the fret wire installed.  I've also started on the x-bracing for the top and will get started on scalloping the braces this week.  Hopefully I'll get far enough this week to close up the box soon - this weekend maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment