Box and Frets...


(Click to Enlarge)
 I feel like I was finally able to get something done this weekend.  I started by getting the frets installed on my finger board.  I also cutout and glued up  a 16" radius sanding block to match the radius of the fretboard.  The next  step is to dress and level the frets.  I put the blue tape down to protect the ebony and binding during this next step.

 I was also able to get the box glued up this weekend.  Everything went together pretty smooth and it's finally starting to look like a guitar.  When tapping on the top, I get a nice puff of air out of the sound hole.

(Click to Enlarge)
(Click to Enlarge)










I also checked my clearance from the neck to the saddle location.  With a straight edge on the neck blank (no fretboard), I measured the clearance at the bridge location and I am almost dead on at 0.090" clearance.  I'll still need to do some flossing and tuning on the neck joint, but I'm in the ball park which is all I care about right now.

The next couple of nights will be spent sanding in preparation for the binding and purfling channels.  I'll be routing those channels out sometime this week so I can start inlaying my abalone around the top edge of the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment