KJV only?

In each blog, I often reference many different topics that I've already covered (or will soon cover), and maybe you've missed.  Please review my blogs to read more...


CLICK HERE! for an index to previous blogs.
______________________________

KJV ONLY Advocates

Are you aware of how many revisions our "Authorized Version" (KJV) has been through?  

I try to use the KJV in ALL of my blogs... 

Why?  

[1]  Because I love and use the KJV often, and... 

[2]  Because I know those "inerrant KJV advocates" are reading my blogs in disbelief.  

Why do I know?  I used to be one of them.

However, I'm not going to give them the opportunity to claim that "I used a new-age translation" to make my point.  

That's why I try to use the KJV in all of my blogs.  

It doesn't matter to me... the KJV, in the end, will justify my points!

The KJV has obviously been one of the most popular versions around, and indeed since 1611 the most used... 

It's also - 

The most REVISED and UPDATED version on the market!  Literally, hundreds of thousands of changes since the 1611 KJV.  

The KJV isn't even a translation from the original texts - it's a revision of other translations, including the Catholic Latin Vulgate by Jerome.

What about the 14 apocryphal books that were removed?  Which version was inerrant?  The version with those books, or without?

Just the fact of a "Modern" King James version should tell you something.

These are not my opinions... these are well-known facts.

That makes sense to me, and it should you also!

Of course, being the oldest, most used English translation - it's going to NEED revisions as knowledge increases and more original manuscripts are found and analyzed... which is fine with me!  That's why we continue with textual criticism.  

The ONLY inerrant Word of God are the original manuscripts, and I don't know where to get a copy of those... do you?
_______________________

Listen - I'm not bashing the KJV... I love it!  I use it in these blogs!

But for KJV-only fundamentalists... you're not carrying around the "perfect" English translated Word of God.

I hate to be the one to break this news to you... but you're not.
__________________

I've already pointed out some of the contradictions, for example:

Try explaining these two translations:

Eph 3:21  Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.


Does that contradict Jesus?


Mat 13:39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 

It certainly contradicts if you believe in the English translation of the KJV!


Which is it?  Does this world end, or not?  

You can't possibly sort this out from the KJV translation... you can from the Greek text, and I've shown you how these two verses sort out perfectly in a previous blog in "Whence Eternity? - Part 3".

Or, what about this:

The Greek words aion and aionios occur 199 times in the New Testament.  

Look at all the different words the KJV translators came up with (occurrences are shown in parentheses) for the Greek word aion:

ages (2), course (1), world (40), ever (72), never (7), evermore (4), eternal (2).

"never"?!  Really?  That's the complete opposite of these words!

Now - aionios:

everlasting (25), eternal (42), world (3), ever (1).

In the Old Testament they translated one Hebrew word, sheol as:

"grave" (31 times) and...

... as "hell" (31 times)... 

Which is it?!  Is it hell, or the grave?

All of this makes it very difficult to study diligently.
____________________

If you can't understand that knowledge has increased (God's Plan, by the way!)... 

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

... and that we now have a better understanding of the original languages with the use of computers, newfound manuscripts, etc., helping us to sort out these original languages correctly... 

If you can't understand that, and you can't accept that even our Blessed KJV went through IMMEDIATE revisions from the beginning... 

Then please... don't even bother reading my blogs.  These blogs aren't for you...

I don't need a perfect English translation to understand His Plan.  

Why do you think I've struggled and fought with this all these years?!  

One thing I'm not... disingenuous.  

I won't intentionally lie to you... I'm only sharing what I've found.  If you see a serious flaw in my ways... please - be direct, and teach me!

Act 17:11  ... in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED the scriptures DAILYwhether those things were so

If you can't search the Scriptures DAILY yourself... don't send me hate email, and don't try to argue with me.  

I likely won't even bother replying to you.  Most of those emails go immediately into the trash.  

I've played this game before... it's tiring and I won't play that game any longer.  I'm getting old and am comfortable in my ways - finally!  Thank you Jesus!  

I've been through the arguments, I've fought this battle too many times as I myself was a KJV-only advocate at one time.  

No - I'm not just another backslider either... c'mon!

These are my thoughts and my beliefs - if you don't like it... don't read!  Close your device's browser page, and move on.

The person I just described?  Someone who can't be bothered to "search these things out"... and can't accept the many problems with English translation - including the KJV - that's who these comments are meant for - 

... not for the rest of you!


I know there are arguments to both sides of this story - I'll only link you to one blog that any of you KJV-only advocates will have a hard time arguing with... to me - it doesn't matter.  

I can easily work with the KJV and still make my points.

Click here to see a copy of one side... I think some will be shocked at these well-known FACTS.

Please believe me - 

I'm not trying to come off as smug... I've just already fought this battle too many times and I'm tired.  

I'm just trying to be fairup-front, and save us time.

So please... no hate email as if I'm bashing the KJV.  I'm not.

I love the KJV and it is my "go-to" version but I don't believe ANY English translation is the inerrant Word of God... not even the KJV!

Moving on now...

To return to Whence Eternity?  Please CLICK HERE.
_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment