Whence Eternity? - Introduction

In each blog, I often reference many different topics that I've already covered (or will soon cover), and maybe you've missed.  Please review my blogs to read more...

CLICK HERE! for an index to previous blogs.

_____________________________

Two things we should NEVER find in our Bibles:


[1]  The old Anglo Saxon word "hell", and...


[2]  ... any word denoting "endless time", as in "for ever AND ever", "everlasting", or "eternal".


But... unfortunately - we do.  


Two little English words, and as a result... mass chaos!

____________________________

There is no such equivalent to eternity, eternal, everlasting, endless time, forever AND ever [?!] in any Hebrew or Greek manuscripts of the Holy Scriptures.  <--- emphasis on the PERIOD.

Really?!  


If "forever" means an eternity, what in the world does "forever AND EVER" mean?  (I'll get to this soon...)


Why have we never questioned that?!


Multiple eternities? 


How many eternities are there?


I think you're going to be shocked... as I WAS - to find that these words / phrases were all translated into English from the same Greek and Hebrew word /words.  

__________________________

Unfortunately... 

I'm gonna to have to do this (see below


Before I even get started (sigh...) - because I know what is coming from some of my readers...


For any KJV ONLY Advocates... please read this first (CLICK HERE).

___________________________

In Whence Hell? - Part 2 I mentioned:

Satan doesn't change the entirety... 


He just sticks in a little "white lie" here...


... a little change there (hoping nobody notices... I noticed Satan!)


... he softly, subtly, whispers into the ear of stuffy guy (and, all of us!)... in order to DEVOUR US!


1 Pet 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:

__________________________

Does Satan have the power to make subtle changes?

Read my previous blogs... God created Satan for this very purpose and gave him power over this world.

Surely NOT when it comes to the English translators of God's Holy WORD though?!

Really?!

If I were Satan... those translators, and authorities, would be the first people I looked for... to whisper in their ears... to make a simple suggestion, etc.  

Which small words could he change that might make the largest impact on the biggest Christian doctrines?  

After all... the future of Christendom will come to depend on this "translation"!

I'll admit - I have an evil (carnal) side... and it doesn't take much for me to imagine the intent of Satan.

It doesn't have to be only Scripture either... how about those that write our Dictionaries, Lexicons, and Commentaries that we have come to so heavily depend upon?

Is it possible that some of them... no!!!... well, maybe?

2 Cor 11:14-15  And no marvel [don't be shocked!]; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of LIGHT Therefore IT IS NO GREAT THING if HIS [Satan's] ministers ALSO be transformed AS [AS what?!  ministers of darkness?] the ministers of RIGHTEOUSNESS; whose end shall be according to their works. 

This is what I'm trying to tell you... God not only ALLOWS this - He created the WASTER to DESTROY! (Isa 54:16)


Why?!  Why don't we believe this?!


Do you really believe that God is not in control?!


Do you really believe that God somehow said "Satan!  Hands off that English Translation!"


This is where some come back and argue - YES!


2 Tim 3:16-17  ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 


Do you really believe that the Bible on your desktop, or on your nightstand is what Paul was discussing with Timothy?  


Your "inerrant" English translation from an, almost, ancient Greek (let alone Hebrew) language is "God breathed"?  


Do you know anything about king James and his edicts over those translators?!  


Do you know anything about his "king-sized" ego?!


Let's put that aside for a moment...


Do you believe that God intended for us to know everything in "black and white"?!


Then why doesn't His Word just simply tell us - in LITERAL, black and white letters?!


I've told you why in previous blogs... this life is a test - it's a process to convert the carnal to Spiritual... it's a treasure once you find it!


Mat 13:44  The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure HIDDEN in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.


If God chooses to hide that treasure, in order that we - as His children - must work to find that treasure, and DIG IT UP!  I have no problem with that.


Let me ask again...


Do you believe that God intended for us to know everything in "black and white"?!


If so - let me ask you this...


Why?!  


Why did Jesus ONLY speak in parables to the multitudes?  I happen to firmly believe that ALL of Scripture is ONE BIG PARABLE!


His Disciples once asked that very question.


Mat 13:10-13  And the Disciples came, and said unto Him, Why speakest thou unto them ["them" = the crowds (multitudes) that followed Jesus to hear His message] in parables? 


He [Jesus] answered and said unto them [Disciples], Because it is given unto YOU to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is NOT given.  

I've covered this in Whence Hell? - Part 2.  Please click on the link and review it...


I'm getting to eternity, but I'm also fully aware of the doubts... I've been through them ALL, myself - personally...


That's why this is entitled "Introduction".  I just want to get all of this out of the way before we tackle stuffy guys use of...


ETERNITY.

______________________

Coming soon... Whence Eternity? - Part 2

















Some of these excerpts are from my personal notes copied from 30+ years of studying... some of these notes are direct copies of various sources - I do not claim to have authored every word of this... it's just a mass collection I've tucked away over the years for my own personal studies... I didn't consider a bibliography at the time I directly copied small excerpts from various authors.  Also, any emphasis (underlines, bold text, all CAPS, etc.) noted above was only meant to capture my personal attention as I studied...

No comments:

Post a Comment