Family History...

(Click to Enlarge)
Conrad Martin Klein Jr.
Late 1800's in Chicago
Conrad Martin Klein, my Great-Great Grandfather came to the United States from Germany in the mid 1800's.  His son, Conrad Martin Jr. (pictured) was born in Illinois in 1866 and later homesteaded in Burke, South Dakota in 1905. His Father, Conrad Sr. died in an accident when he was two years of age.

From historical accounts Conrad Martin Jr. was an accomplished violin player. His son Ambrose, my Grandfather, played a variety of instruments and played them all well. At one time he had exposure with the Lawrence Welk Band.  Years later I would play the accordian at a show in Iowa with Myron Floren - the acclaimed accordionist from the Lawrence Welk Show.

I played the accordion for quite a while but eventually came to pick up an interest in the guitar... I suppose coming full circle to my Great Grandfather and his choice in the stringed instruments. I've no idea if musical talent is genetic, but it's been in our family for quite a while.

Click here for more history on the Klein family.

No comments:

Post a Comment