First Step...

(Click to Enlarge)
The first step is to prepare the sides for assembly.  You can see in the picture the spreaders that I built from 3/8" turnbuckles and the sides ready to be trimmed.

In hindsight, I probably got a little crazy with the spreaders.  I don't think I really needed spreaders for the upper and lower bouts.  The waist spreader was probably enough.  Oh well, I'll have them in case I need them for something.


(Click to Enlarge)
Another view of the setup
 If you click on the images you can see the Makore sides in the mold.  The tailblock hasn't been glued yet - I was just dry fitting it to take a look at things.

Once everything is lined up on the center lines, I'll know where to trim the sides so that the ends fit together squarely, and without overlapping.

The next step will involve "roughing in" the edges of the sides.  The top edge needs to be sanded to a 28' radius and the bottom sanded to a 15' radius.  I need to finish a sanding jig before I move on.  I'll hopefully have pictures up within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment